Saturday, May 27, 2006

A few years back, someone extremely special to me had a very nasty experience with a man who repeatedly tried to grope her while she was sleeping in the upper berth of a train. I listened to her with shock and anger. A few months back, I spent some time reading about experiences of Indian women and girls in posts like this, getting very digusted with the attitude of Indian men. Many close friends have posted articles (for example, click here and here) condemning this sort of behaviour. I remember having discussed the issue to fair length with them.

And then it happened, right before my eyes. It was so fast that before I could do anything, the bastard sped away. I tried to note his licence plate, but it was too late. I wanted to scream at him, but the road was more or less empty but for the victim and me, and he was far away, so no good could come from it. I want to kill the bastard, I really do. I am ashamed and confused, a million thoughts swarming in my head. I feel impotent, being unable to do anything about the whole thing, either through law or with my own hands, while he might still be enjoying the thrills of his perverted acts, not once thinking of the scars he leaves behind. I won't go into a gyaan session this time. No way, not this time. He's gotten personal with me now.

Rest assured I will kill him if I meet him again.

2 comments:

Devang said...

This seems to be quite a frequent act for being what it is.

Crouching Tigress said...

Oh